Here is an explanation as to how the calculations work and what can affect the subtotals on a KIT and the price on a finished production, a so-called 'prod-SSA'. The same applies to production orders.
The KIT for goods reception item (SSA-item) has - among other things - the following values from the production basis:
- OPERATION FIXEDCOST = total fixed operating cost from this production order + current part (based on
number used) of fixed operating cost from all underlying productions.
- OPERATION VARIABLECOST = total variable operating cost from this + current part of variable operating cost from all underlying productions.
- MATERIAL COST = total material cost for this production order + current part (based on number used) of
material cost from all underlying productions.
- SUBOPERATIONFIXEDCOST = fixed operating cost for the relevant part (based on the number used) of all
- SUBOPERATIONVARIABLECOST = variable operating cost for current part (based on number used) of all
- SUBMATERIAL COST = material cost for relevant part (based on number used) of all underlying
Fixed cost is then here for any pre-steps (set-up time) and post-steps (clean-up time) on work operations.
Variable cost is then for the actual production step (hour) of work operations.
The material cost fields then only contain the cost of purchased parts and purchased sub-products.
The price of goods reception item (SSA-item) and these calculated fields may change after the production is stocked as a result of:
- 'Change price' on an incoming part goods reception (SSA).
- Adjustment of logged time of an operation.
A change of Price in the audit history is then logged on the goods reception item (SSA-item) and a PAT document is generated for adjusting inventory value.
But this means that the values you extract from the KIT in reports such as REP/105274 (Goods reception (SSA) Stock value on given date with specified labour and material cost) will not always be historically correct on a date back in time, they always contain the ‘now’ value.
And reason for change must then be found via revision of Price and PAT documents with DOC=SSA/nnnnnn-n and DOCTYPE = STOCKVALADJ. (stock value adjusted).
The calculation today must be in accordance with what is described above and if there are exceptions from this for productions after about mid-2018 when the new summation fields were introduced, then one must recalculate these productions.
There is also a report - REP/106120 - that lists the fields mentioned above from goods receptions (SSA's), but the values are - as mentioned - the total cost at the moment for the produced quantity, not what is on stock at the moment.
This report - which is a pure list report - can be useful, but it is not a report that is specifically made for accounting purposes and values on a given date. It only lists those values which are summed up in the main level of the production structure, and thus present values.
This report gives the produced quantity and the summarized cost details for material cost, operation cost, added cost and the same summarized details for the included sub-assemblies.
This means that e.g. the material cost for the materials/parts that are used directly by the reported work order = Material cost - Sub Material cost.
The column ‘Versionvalidfrom’ = the creation date of the production SSA.
All values are in local currency.
Remember that all values are the total cost for the produced quantity (column qty) and the cost per piece =
(Materialcost + Operationfixedcost + Operationvariablecost + Addedfixedcost + Addedvariablecost) / Netqty.
The report can be filtered by all column names.