In the Direct shipment process, the customer sales order link is basically locked to the purchase order (SPO or SOA) and is considered a special 1-1 order. If it is necessary to change the part after starting the direct shipment process the user must temporarily undo the linking, change the part and re-link it, before running the direct shipment process again. Here are the steps needed to complete this process:
- Forward all items on the customer sales order (COA) to a new customer sales order (COA).
- While in status 1, select the option: "Undo direct shipment".
- Change the part on the current customer sales order item (COA-ITEM).
- Forward all items on the Purchase order response (SOA) to a new purchase order response (SOA) and change the part here too while the document is in status 1.
- Register the Purchase order response (SOA) to status 3.
- Select "Start direct shipment process" on the customer sales order (COA).
Choose to link to Existing Purchase order response. The purchase order response from point 4 above will appear in the list as an alternative for you to choose.
- Register your customer sales order to status 3 again.
These steps can be used if you need to change the ‘shipping to address’ too.